Create a Profile Rule using a “rule activation condition” with a defined Side Effect per the below
- Open the Configuration Manager admin applet.
- Select the Rules tab.
- Select the Add button.
- Enter a desired name and description.
- Select the check-box for “Is global rule with priority” and set its desired priority number.
- Select the check-box for “Use rule activation condition”.
- Select the Edit button.
- Add a condition with a desired name (ex. “1”).
- Select from the condition’s General tab, the checkboxes for Use action of “Check in New” and “Check in Selected”.
- Select from the condition’s Clauses tab, Field of “Type”, Operator of “Matches”, and Value of
- Select from the Clauses tab, the Add button.
- Enter from the condition’s Side Effects tab, paste the following. The conditional statement can be any of the IDOC security checks: userHasRole, userHasAccessToAccount, or userHasGroupPrivilege,or other function suitable for the purpose. This example allows only users with the admin role to set the override format.
<$if not userHasRole("admin")$>
- Select the Side Effect’s tab OK button.
- Select the Rule’s OK button.
I had a situation during migration of Spaces from WebCenter Portal PS4 (126.96.36.199) to WebCenter Portal dot8(188.8.131.52). The spaces would get migrated successfully, but the content was not getting migrated. Continue reading “Migrating folders and content together in WebCenter Content”
Changing the Size of Thumbnails
By default, thumbnails are displayed as 80 x 80 pixels. If you require your thumbnails to display at a different size, complete the following steps (this updates the size of all of your thumbnails):
Continue reading “Changing the Size of Thumbnails in content server”
A content server communicates with a refinery via a provider. A refinery can serve as a provider for one or multiple content servers.
You can add the refinery as a provider to a content server on the same computer, or you can add the refinery as a provider to content servers on separate computers after deployment.
Continue reading “Content Server and Inboud Refinery (IBR) Configuration”
Problem: Our client had a requirement to display the date format in 4 digit year formate ie. mm/dd/yyyy. I tried the solution provided by oracle for changing the date format to a 4 digit year (document link below), but this only does not work.
Continue reading “Change the date format to mm/dd/yyyy in UCM”
Hide “Alternate File” field on the check-in form using rules in UCM 11g
Continue reading “Hide “Alternate file” field on the check-in form using rules in UCM 11g”
Problem Description : Search feature is not working in content presenter.
We have created a portal application with content presenter.
UCM connection is working fine. For the content Presenter, but after we create web content, we are unable to get it in the Search Results. The content is in a contribution folder in UCM. If we expand the VCR Content repository, and navigate the folders, we can get to the content. But typing the content ID OR title in the search box and searching does not return the content.
The content is searchable on UCM but only the search in Content Presenter is not returning results.
Continue reading “Content Presenter UCM content search is not working”
This is related the the session time out problem when UCM and Portal application use the same domain name.
The solution is available Portal/UCM session time-out
For our portal application to work with UCM, I had done the following configuration:
- Set the ip filters
- Set the http address of the web server
- Set the Intradoc Server port
Continue reading “UCM configuration in enterprise manager”