Hide “Alternate File” field on the check-in form using rules in UCM 11g
- Login as weblogic
- Launch the Administration > Configuration Manager applet
- Select the Rules tab
- Select the Add button
- Enter a desired name and description [see below ss1a]
Description: Hide Alternate Field
- Select the check-box for “Is global rule with priority” and set its desired priority number
Use default value ’10’
- Select the check-box for “Use rule activation condition” [see below ss2]
- Select the Edit button
- Add a condition with a desired name (ex. “1”).
- Select from the condition’s General tab, the checkboxes for Use action of “Check in New” and “Check in Selected”.
- Select from the condition’s Clauses tab, Field of “Type”, Operator of “Matches”, and Value of “<desired dDocType>”.
- Select from the Clauses tab, the Add button. [see below ss3]
- Enter from the condition’s Side Effects tab, paste the following: [see below ss4]
<$suppressAlternateFile=”1″$> #### This is the one that removes the alternate file field ####
- Select the Side Effect’s tab OK button
- Select the Rule’s tab OK button
The above should do the trick.
In Step 13 you can also use conditional statement for the IDOC security checks:
userHasRole, userHasAccessToAccount, or userHasGroupPrivilege,or other function suitable for the purpose. This example allows only users with the admin role to set the override format.
<$if not userHasRole(“admin”)$>
Step 11 can be skipped. I have tried with both condition’s clause:
- Content ID matches % (This is for content id matches all content) [see below ss1a]
- No Condition’s clause [see below ss1b]
The IsOverrideFormat adds two drop down lists. One under the Primary field and one under the Alternate field. They allow you to choose the format (MS Word, MS Excel, Postscript, Open Office, etc…) You can manually select the format the document for the weblayout.